In the Name of Allah the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
March 13, 2012
Harakat Al-Shabaab Al Mujahideen’s Office for Supervising the Affairs of Foreign Agencies (OSAFA) hereby permanently revokes the permission of the organisation known as ‘Save the Children’ to operate in any of the regions under the administration of the Mujahideen.
In addition to the exploitation of children, under the pretence of alleviating child suffering, OSAFA investigation found the organisation to be:
· Distributing more than 4470 cartons of expired porridge to the impoverished children as their basic source of sustenance
· Dealing dishonestly and attempting to offer bribes to authorities at the administration office
· Advancing their cause through the pursuance of illicit, deceptive, and often corrupt, means
· Failing to comply with the rules and regulations set out for foreign organisations and that are stated under the OSAFA agreement
· Failing to respond to OSAFA’s repeated requests for explanation and clarification of the events that had transpired over the months
Harakat Al-Shabaab Al Mujahideen strives to protect the welfare of the entire Muslim population of Somalia and will implement all necessary safety measures to dissuade competing organisations from degrading their quality of life. When warnings become ineffective, however, Harakat Al-Shabaab Al Mujahideen, will be left with no option but to terminate services and close down organisations deemed detrimental to the health of the local population.
Office for Supervising the Affairs of Foreign Agencies (OSAFA)
“Safeguarding the welfare of the Muslim Ummah”